17th Biennial Meeting of the Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group
The DPSG-NA was founded in 1997 out of the recognition that the field of maternal-fetal medicine should support and conduct research to address the specialized needs of pregnant women with type 1, type 2, or gestational diabetes mellitus. Collaboration among basic, translational, and clinical researchers and care centers, both in the United States and abroad, has occurred through annual and biennial meetings. Only through a collaborative, multi-faceted approach can we ever hope to overcome the health burden and devastation that pregnancies complicated by diabetes can bring to a family.
This year we will be offering both in-person and virtual conference options. Attendees will have the opportunity to join the speakers in-person at Inova Center for Personalized Health Conference Center (ICPH) or if they prefer, all our sessions will be live-streamed to those attending virtually and recorded. All paid registrants will have access to the recordings after the conference.
- Thursday, October 26 – Virtual ONLY
- 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm ET
- Friday, October 27 – Hybrid – both in-person and virtual options
- 7:30 am – 5:30 pm ET
- Saturday, October 28 – Hybrid – both in-person and virtual options
- 7:30 am – 12:00 pm ET
If you choose to register to attend virtually, Zoom links will be sent out the week of the event via email used during registration. Ensure the email address that you want the Zoom instructions sent to is within your profile. Each link is unique to the email address used to register for the event.
- Each registered attendee will receive an email invitation to attend our conference on Tuesday, October 24 and again Thursday, October 26 (early morning) to ensure you can access the live conference.
- Each day of the conference will have a new Zoom link. Daily Zoom links will be sent out the the day before and again the morning of.
- Each link is unique to the email address within your account. The link cannot be shared.
- Event will go LIVE 5-10 minutes prior to star time with an introduction slide.
Questions & Refunds
Refunds will be allowed up to seven days before the event, October 19, 2023. Refund requests need to be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
If at any time you have questions, please email: Christina.firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is intended for all healthcare professionals and biomedical researchers with a special interest in the treatment of pregnant women with diabetes, including:
- Basic, Translational and Clinical Research Scientists
- Diabetes Educators
- Family Practitioners
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Subspecialists
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians’ Assistants
- Identify innovative strategies to improve care to pregnant individuals with diabetes and their fetuses.
- Recognize the social determinants of health in caring for patients at high risk for pregnancy complications due to comorbidities or health disparities.
- Identify tools to improve evidence-based care of individuals with diabetes in pregnancy.
- Explain placental adaptations and their effects prevention, outcome, and long-term health
- Identify glycemic targets with a personalized medicine focus to improve outcomes for mothers and their offspring.
- Determine the risks of hypoglycemia associated with intensive insulin therapy of type I diabetes during pregnancy.
Questions about this event? Contact Christina.Fontana@inova.org.
Parking is complimentary at the Inova Center for Personalized Health Conference Center (ICPH) . Use surface lots E and F or parking garage for tower C. From the parking garage, take elevator to level 2, walk around the elevators to the bridge over to the conference center.
Airports and Ground Transportation
Inova Center for Personalized Health Conference Center (ICPH) is centrally located between Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) and Reagan Airports (DCA). Union Station (in Washington, DC) is located about 30-40 minutes from the campus. Both airports along with Union Station offer onsite ground transportation to Fairfax, VA which is about a 30–40-minute drive. Uber or Lyft are also reliable ground transportation options in the DC metro area.
Below are the two hotels that are located closest to the Inova Center for Personalized Health Conference Center (ICPH) and offer us discounted rates.
8296 Glass Alley, Fairfax, VA 22031
Inova/corporate rate code: 8296INOVA
3111 Fairview Park Dr, Falls Church, VA 22042
- Sarah D. Crimmins, DO
- Maged Costantine, MD
- Mark B. Landon, MD
- Menachem Miodovnik, MD
- E. Albert Reece, MD, PhD, MBA
- Scott Sullivan, MD
- Kartik K. Venkatesh, MD PhD, FACOG
Speaker Disclosure Statement:
Inova Health System’s Office of Continuing Medical Education adheres to ACCME’s Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. Any individuals in a position to control the content of a CME activity, including faculty, program directors, and planners are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities as defined by ACCME. All relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
Inova CME Accreditation
The Inova Office of Continuing Medical Education is accredited by the Medical Society of Virginia to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Inova Office of Continuing Medical Education designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Physicians may claim up to 16.75 credits in Type 1 CME on the Virginia Board of Medicine Continued Competency and Assessment Form required for renewal of an active medical license in Virginia.
- 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Thank you Exhibitors!
Our event would not be possible without the generous support from our sponsors. Thank you!
- Cerave (Iqvia)
- Organon-The Jade System
- Samsung Healthcare
Interested in Exhibiting?
Questions? Email Christina Fontana for more information.
Evaluation and Credit Claiming Information:
In order to view all the event information, please sign in or create an account.
Refunds will be allowed up a to week before the event, September 15, 2023 . Refund requests need to be submitted in writing to Christina.Fontana@inova.org.