2023 5th Annual Virtual Sleep Symposium
Topics this year will include cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I), insomnia overview, sleep apnea overview including newer treatment options, and Inspire/ENT treatments for sleep apnea. Other topics include sleep issues in adolescents and children with neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Wendy Thompson, FNP
- Timothy Egan, MD
- Lauren Wall, PhD
- Aarathi Vemana, MD
- Suraiya Haider, MD
- Eric Sklar, MD
- Joyce Lee-Iannotti - Keynote
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Primary Care Physicians
- Oral Surgeons
- Physicians in All Specialties and Sub-specialties
- Other Allied Healthcare Professionals
- Recognize the psychological and behavioral factors contributing to insomnia and explore the potential link between insomnia and other medical conditions to include treatment options.
- Explore the role of sleep hygiene in promoting healthy sleep patterns and to better understand the importance of a comprehensive sleep assessment.
- Define REM Behavioral Disorder (RBD) and differentiate it from other sleep disorders. Understand the normal characteristics of REM sleep and how RBD disrupts these patterns.
- Identify common signs and symptoms associated with different sleep disorders by recognizing the importance of a detailed sleep history and assessment in diagnosing and treating sleep disorders.
Questions about this event? Contact CME@inova.org
8:00-8:05 am Welcome Remarks Presented by Eric Sklar MD
8:05-8:50 am Sleep Apnea Overview and New Treatment Options Presented by: Eric Sklar, MD
8:50-9:35 am Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation Presented by: Tim Egan, MD
9:35-10:20 am Insomnia Presented by: Wendy Thompson, NP
10:20-10:40 am Break and Virtual Hall
10:40-11:25 am Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia Presented by: Lauren Wall, PhD
11:25 -12:10 pm Sleep in Adolescents Presented by: Suraiya Haider, MD
12:10-1:00 pm Lunch and Virtual Hall
1:00-1:45 pm Sleep in Neurodevelopmental Disorders Presented by: Aarthi Vemana, MD
1:45-2:30 pm Keynote: RBD, When Dreams Can Become Nightmares Presented by: Joyce Lee-Iannotti, MD
2:30 PM Closing Remarks Eric Sklar, MD
Zoom Webinar link will be sent the day before on Nov. 30 and early the morning of Dec, 1.
Eric B. Sklar, MD
Inova Sleep Disorders Program Assistant Professor of Neurology,
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Inova Campus
Speaker Disclosure Statement:
Inova Health System’s Office of Continuing Medical Education adheres to ACCME’s Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. Any individuals in a position to control the content of a CME activity, including faculty, program directors, and planners are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities as defined by ACCME. All relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
Inova CME Accreditation
The Inova Office of Continuing Medical Education is accredited by the Medical Society of Virginia to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Inova Office of Continuing Medical Education designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Physicians may claim up to 5.25 credits in Type 1 CME on the Virginia Board of Medicine Continued Competency and Assessment Form required for renewal of an active medical license in Virginia.
- 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
In order to view all the event information, please sign in or create an account.
Are you an Inova Employee?
You can register via cost center.
Once receiving approval from your department leader, enter your cost center into the ‘coupon’ field while registering (or checking out). If it doesn’t apply, please email CME@inova.org for additional assistance. Your sponsoring department will be charged the cost of registration after the event.
Refunds will be allowed up a to week before the event. Refund requests need to be submitted in writing to CME@inova.org.